Axel

How do I take download my video from Dogster?

Since Dogster is closing, how do I download videos that I have on my dog's profile?

Asked by Axel on Jan 16th 2014 in Video

Answers

Pokey

If you are using Firefox
Step One: Play the Video you want to save so that it Fully Loads.
Step Two: Go to your web-address bar and enter ABOUT:CACHE
Step Three: Search for a link containing a random string of numbers and letters ENDING IN .flv
**It is useful to use the search function (control+f)

Step Four: Click on that link, it will take you to the cache entry page
Step Five: Right Click on link displayed and select "Save Link As..." to save the video. It will save it as a FLV file which is a Flash Video file so you might need a FLV converter to watch it.

**Also it might be easier to clear your entire history before starting this process because otherwise you will have to sift through many files with inscrutable names.

Pokey answered on 1/16/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

If you put it on your dogster page you most likely still have the original copy on your computer. Mine end up in the "my videos" file under libraries. Check in there first, you probably already have a copy of it.

Toto, CD, RN, CGC answered on 1/17/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bear Lyons

Hi some of us are moving to www.doggyspace.com since dogster is closing. If you decide to join please friend me.:) You can save all your photos and diaries and videos here.
www.doggyspace.com

Bear Lyons answered on 1/18/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer