Clifford

How do I keep my Irish Setter from getting knots in his hair?

Okay so my Irish Setter always gets knots behind his ears, under his belly e.t.c.. I don't know what to do because I am so busy I can't hardly find grooming time and I don't want to pay for an expensive grooming session.
HELP PLEASE HURRY!

Asked by Clifford on Nov 5th 2013 in Grooming

Best Answer

Like many people, you chose a breed that does not fit your lifestyle. If you can't handle the knots, take a scissor and cut them out. Setters are high maintenance and do not groom themselves. If you won't do it yourself or hire a groomer, you just need to accept that your dog is going to look like a mess and there is no quick fix... ^_^

Tasha (in memory) answered on Nov 5th.

Answers

Mika

You need to make time! Your dog needs to be groomed! You either have to make some time or spend the money on a groomer! I know I wouldn't like walking around with uncomfortable knots in my hair if I didnt have "time" to brush it!

Mika answered on 11/5/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

SNEAKERS

You got a choice...

Take him to the Groomer,
Groom him yourself, or
Keep/cut the Hair short

SNEAKERS answered on 11/5/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Um... you have to brush your dog. It's kind of part of owning a dog. Brush once a week for 15 minutes, you will be surprised just how much that helps. Twice a week for 15 minutes would be even better. If you can't spare 15 minutes in an entire week I would seriously re-evaluate your life scheduling...

Brush him on a daily basis, 10-15 minutes a day. If you can't find time, make time!

You can also just take him to the groomer and have him completely shaved down.