how do i help my 6 week old minature schnauzer eat her food?

i bought a 6 week old minature schnauzer and she doesn't eat her puppy food very much. i soak her food in water for a while so she won't have a hard time chewing, but she still doesn't eat. she throws up a lot and is very skinny. what can i do to help her eat? is there a reason for this?

Asked by Member 649593 on Jul 4th 2008 Tagged eatinghabits, food, baby, sick in Pet Food

Answers

Well, she was too young to be taken from her mother and she is obviously very ill, get her to a vet now.

Best wishes, hope she feels better soon!!

Salem

Hello,

To be on the safe side, I would call your vet as soon as you can.

I have 7 week old miniature schnauzer. He eats like a horse though. He threw up once, however, we attributed it to him eating grass.

Do you know what she was eating before you brought her home? Maybe she is sick because of the food change over. You can also try to mix in some wet puppy food with the moistened dry food.

Does she wolf it down? Does she run around after she eats? All of those reasons could make her vomit.

But, I would still call a vet and get her in as soon as you can.

Good Luck.

Salem answered on 7/4/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Just a note:
Whoever bred your dog was one joke of a breeder. I'm sure that your dog is a great dog, but no good, reputable breeder lets you take a puppy home with you until it is at least 8 weeks old. The really good ones wait until 10-12 weeks to let you take the puppy home. The reason for this is that the puppy needs at least the first tow months with it's momma and littermates to learn just how to be a dog. 10-12 weeks is also a crucial period where the puppies learn how to be socialized.
Learn more about breeders by clicking on the below link:
cookiemiller.tripod.com

To answer your question, your puppy is sick and needs help from a vet. Hope that she is alright.