Miss Lily

How do I get the fleas to stay off my baby???

I have a 6 month old pomeranian. I used frontline plus for a while and it didn't seem to help. I switched to Promeris and that seems a little better, but when I look on her, she still looks infested. I bathe her with Adams flea and tick shampoo every 2 weeks. I've used palmolive and that kills all of the ones on her, but nothing seems to KEEP them off of her. I just moved into my boyfriends moms house and she will flip if there are fleas in the house. Please help me!!!

Asked by Miss Lily on Jul 7th 2008 Tagged fleas in Flea & Tick Prevention

Answers

How about trying Advantage or K9 Advantix?
My dogs currently use advantage, but once these ones are gone we're switching to Advantix because it not only protects against fleas and ticks, but mosquitos too.
Advantage works good for us.

Try to use BioKill-it's too strong so be carefull so it won't go on her mouth
ears
eyes
Also buy her a flea medicine collar which she will wear all the time.Put BioKill in her bed,around the places she plays and moves and clean the carpets.

I use Advantage for my babies and it really works! You might want to try it if it doesn't work try what the others said. The K9 Advantage works too! But i really always use Advantage i get it from my vet. It works pretty Good! Good Luck Hun.!
Makayla =D *Hugs hope your baby doesn't get anymore!

M e r c e d e s ♥

While there are no "permanant" ways to keep fleas off of a dog, there are many ways to keep them off for a small while. There's the possibility that fleas just reside in the house. You can use a fleabomb to get rid of them, but you will need to find different housing for about two or three days. A flea collar may work. There is also food that helps keep fleas off of a dog. Have you tried a fleadip? Here's something many pom owners don't want to do, but it will help! Shaving the fur off of the dog will minimize the amount of fleas, and make them easier to spot! Get a fleabrush and comb through your dog daily, it'll take five minutes. Keep applying the palmolive every two weeks or so. Frontline really isn't too reliable, try using Advantage or Advantex. You have a really beautiful wolf sable pom! The reason I know these things is because I work in a dog groomers and my employee has a pom too. He really is a character! Good luck~

M e r c e d e s ♥ answered on 7/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Candi

I would talk to your vet about that because the fleas should be gone already if you tried all of that. Good Luck!

Candi answered on 7/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ziggy

1. You are likely stripping off the Frontline/Promeris with the harsh chemical shampoo. It carried in the hair coat and oil glands. Use a gentle aloe and oatmeal instead.
2. It can take up to 3 months on flea prevention to rid a pet of fleas. Ask your vet for some Capstar to use as needed in the mean time.
3. Vacuum, vaccuum, vaccuum and throw away the bag.
4. Wash pet bedding.
5. Make sure ALL pets in the house are on flea control.

Ziggy answered on 7/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer