bailey

how do I get older dog to stop smelling new dogs weenie.??? both r fixed both males

We adopted a yorkie.bichon mix and hes great but the dog who has been the only dog (bailey) won't stop smelling his weenie. How can I stop this behavior? suggestions VERY WELCOME
bailey is a puggle 4 yrs old new dog just turned 2.

Asked by bailey on Oct 7th 2011 Tagged newdogrescue in Socialization

Answers

Starbutt

this is dog etiuqette they small the butt hole and all around this is how dogs greet each other, and if you dog mount doesn't mean necessarily it is trying to mate it is dominance even female do this. I would worry about it and there is nothing to be embarrased about but if he licks Maybe you can just give a little jerk on the lead and say no I don't mean to put his head off just a little, but this is normal behaivor. They sniff each other or just one does.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 10/7/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

This is another way dogs say "hello". Sometimes you just can't stop it, dogs will always sniff other dog's privates, it's a way to say "hello".

Check out Cesar Millan's site, his techniques could definitely help with this -

www.cesarsway.com