Bear

How do i get my Rotweiller German shepherd puppy to be more gentle when playing with my kids????

We were given a rotweiller German shepherd mixed puppy for Christmas and he is fantastic. He's learning really well and quickly. Doing great with house training and doesn't leave my side. I m stay at home mom of 5 with the youngest being 1. He lives to play but seems to b a little too rough with the baby. I was wondering how i go about teaching him not to bite or be so rough with them???

Asked by Bear on Jan 5th 2012 in Dogs & Kids

Answers

You need to supervise closely during play sessions.
If he starts to get all nippy, play time is over for the moment. Go "ack!" and do something like a short time-out in the crate or another room for him to calm down. Show him that he can play only when he plays nice.
When he nips you specifically, yelp, then playtime is finished for the time being. Some of the older kids might like to try yelping when they get nipped, as well.

Cosette

www.a

www.facebook.com

www.loveyourdog.com

Here are some sites that may help you. On the first site, DO NOT use the breath dpray method. This is more dangerous because you could easily get it on their eyes or nose. And this method is a little more discomfort for the dog. The other methods are fine though. Hope these help :)! Good luck!

Cosette answered on 1/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer