How do I get my dog to eat slower? I've tried the slow eating food bowl and spreading food out on a cookie sheet.

Asked by Member 1088781 on Feb 1st 2012 Tagged eating, fast in Chewing

Answers

You could try spreading it out even more- broadcast it over the whole floor, make him hunt for every piece. Or float it in water so he has to lap it up instead of inhaling it. :)

But really, is his speed eating a problem? If he's not choking or gagging, just eating quickly, don't worry so much. A lot of dogs eat fast- I think Sampson takes less than 30 seconds to eat his dinner, Bruno probably about 1 minute.

I put a ball in Kali's bowl. It is about the 1/2 the size of the bowl. I've also used a large Kong. It slows her down a lot. Good Luck!

Kazba

We used to put a big rock in the bowl that they had to move around to eat and it helped to slow him down.

Kazba answered on 2/2/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer