Buzz

How come my Jack Russell is getting brown spots?

My Jack Russell is starting to get small brown spots on his butt near his tail. Also on his neck. How come he's getting all these spots?

Asked by Buzz on Jan 28th 2012 Tagged jackrussellterrier, brownspots in Jack Russell Terrier

Answers

This link may be helpful: www.dogster.com

Petri

He might have a bacterial infection on his skin. If you can wipe them right off it is most likely flea dirt and he should be treated for fleas. If they are more scab like and stuck to the skin I would go back to the bacterial infection. My pug had something similar at the base of her tail and neck and it was a bacterial infection that grew in between her skin folds. Even though she was bathed and groomed, the hot humid weather added extra moisture to her skin rolls! I gave her a good bath and scrubbed these areas well until all the spots were gone (her skin was also red). After he bath I sprayed on PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic. This helped a ton. The redness was gone within a day and it prevented the bacterial infection from coming back. Her fur grew back and now you can't even tell she ever had a problem. I haven't had any issues since, but it is winter. :) I hope this helps and gives you some ideas!

Petri answered on 2/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer