How can I tell if my pitbull is in labor?

My pitbull is pregrant and she is breathing very hard and I would like to know how I can tell if she's in labor?

/

Asked by Member 530317 on Nov 12th 2007 in American Pit Bull Terrier

Answers

When a dog is in labor, it may lay around, throw-up, it will breathe hard. You should call your vet for more info. Keep an eye on her. If anything seems to be wrong, don't hesitate to call the vet. You dog's life could be at steak!

Kobe

Once her temperature drops and she is panting, she is probally in labor. Be expecting puppies in a few hours.

Kobe answered on 11/24/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cadillac CGC

the temp should be 99degrees before labor. possibly lower. dogs can start labor pains over 24 hours before actually giving birth.

good luck, if your apbt is purebred and having purebred pups- congratulations! but, please do some research in the future.

if youre apbt is not purebred or not having purebred pups. please consider spaying your dog. the pitbull population in shelters is staggering. most of them die. responsible dog breeding is the only way to prevent this.

on another note, please make sure to feed your dog quality food during nursing. purina puppy chow is not quality.

please go to the DOGFOODPROJECT online and read about dog food to find a good food if you dont already feed one.

good luck! i wish you health for your pups and the mother!

Cadillac CGC answered on 11/26/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer