Milo

How can i stop my puppy from peeing everywhere?

I have a 4 month old male (micro) mini pinscher...his name is milo.. He pees anywhere...and i mean anywhere around the house; my bed, the floor, even on his own bed, the kitchen, also outside.... I tried to train him using the newspaper thing (which worked on my other dogs), but it's not working on Milo....It's good that he pees outside, but he also does it inside the house..... how can I stop him from doing that?

Asked by Milo on Oct 21st 2008 in Behavior & Training

Answers

hes a puppy, and puppies go to the bathroom often. this is a phase that everypup goes through. you should get the potty training pads i would think about these: www.wizdog.com neptunemart.amazonwebstore.com

Two things.
1) A 4 month old puppy should not be out of your sight long enough to be pottying in the house. There are too many dangerous things/wires/trouble that he can get into and you need to be responsible for him, not the other way around. Put a leash on him and hook it to your belt look so he's always with you. Other than that, take him out every 30 minutes.
2) Small breed dogs often take up to a year to be fully potty trained. You just gotta be patient!

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 10/22/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Taco

First, make sure you are cleaning all his accidents with an odor neutralizer so he will stop returning to that spot. Use the puppy pads and get a bottle of this stuff (I forgot what its called) but its a potty training aid and the scent will attract the puppy to pee on the pad and of course reward him profusely when he does. But becareful with this bottle of stuff. Only use a drop or two cause it sure does stink if used to much.

Taco answered on 10/22/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Chewbacca (Bacca)

Crate train, crate train, crate train!

Read up on it. It's the only way to go. It's not cruel at all. Forget newspapers and puppy pads.

And keep to a regular schedule, and watch him like a hawk. At 4 months, they are still not sure exactly where they are supposed to go. And don't forget the praise and treat when he does go outside so he starts to get the idea that outside is good.

Chewbacca (Bacca) answered on 10/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer