Faith (CGC)

How can I stop my puppy from chewing on her crate bedding?

I put treats, toys and a tuffed Kong in there. She chews on those for about 5 min. than starts pulling on her bedding. (It's an old towel.) Is there another kind of bedding that is better. I am only leaving her in the crate for short periods of time. No more than a 1/2 hr. Can anyone help?

Asked by Faith (CGC) on Sep 2nd 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Mattie

For starters you could try exercising her more Border Collies need tons of exercise! Keep up the good work with the stuffed kongs there is a bed that many people seem to like but I havent tried it for myself that you can try out... www.ohmydogsupplies.com (click on the link) Good luck Faith is such a cute dog.

Mattie answered on 9/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kalypso

I would personally not have any bedding down until she is not in the hard-core chewing stage.If you are away and she chews up the bedding the material could cause a choking hazard.

Continue with the stuffed kong. You can freeze the Kong to make it last longer.

Exercise 30mins-1hr Morning,Noon and night. Whether it be through fetch, basic training, or a walk.

Good Luck! Beautiful puppy

Kalypso answered on 10/12/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer