How can I stop my border terrier tipping over her water bowl?

I have tried plastic bowls (she chewed them up) different sized ceramic bowls (she smashed them) and supposedly non-tip bowls with large flat rims (she flipped them and then chewed them up!) I am concerned that she doesn't have water overnight and when I am out (not to mention the fact that it is a bit annoying to have a permanantly wet floor!) Thank you!

Asked by Member 1103763 on Apr 2nd 2012 Tagged waterbowl in Food & Nutrition

Does she have any toys she can chew on instead?

I got Koby one that is metal. It has a wider bottom than the top. He can't tip it over. I got it from Wal-Mart.

Koby answered on 4/2/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Recommend giving her chew toys/bones/etc as an alternative... Metal bowls will discourage the chewing. My dogs' outdoor waterbowls... well I would hardly call them 'bowls' my pit bull has a metal bucket, and then my dad made his own. He welded it out of stainless steel & bolted it to a platform.

Perhaps for the tipping you could put a heavy weight on the bottom of the bowl so it would be harder, or find some way to attach it to the ground. Just keep experimenting :)

Shasta answered on 4/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer