How can I make my puppy stop following my maid and make her follow me?

I had brought a puppy. for few weeks she used to follow me but from few day she has been following my maid. I love her so much and I want her to follow me. but when ever she sees my maid she runs towards her and would not come when I call. I am so good to her and let her do as she wish. I feed her every time. Where as My maid hits her when she does some mistake like if she pees inside or eat dirt she hits her. why does she follow her and not me. I get so angry at her sometime That I feel like hitting her too. But I don't do that. It is frustrating me a lot. How can I make her follow me.Sometime I feel so angry that I feel like sending her back.

Asked by Member 1138981 on Nov 4th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Some dogs bond with one person. Maybe your dog bonded with your maid. Try spending more time with your dog doing fun things like long walks and training.

Layla Lu

First of all, this isn't Walmart. You can't just 'send her back' because she doesn't follow you around. Small dogs tend to bond with one person and are actually very independent. You should have done more research before you got your dog. I have a chihuahua puppy and she's very friendly, if someone walks past she will follow them but she will come back. Maybe she just doesn't prefer you.

PS-you should not feel like hitting your dog because she doesn't follow you around. Grow up.

Layla Lu answered on 11/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Frankly, if the attitude you give out in your question is the same attitude you give to your puppy I do not blame her one bit for preferring the maid.
Dogs are not fickle and they can definitely read people's feeling toward them. Your whole post comes off as you blaming your maid AND your dog because your dog prefers the maid. As you said, you get angry at her, etc. Trust me, she is getting this from you and knows enough to stay away.
Companionship between a person and a dog is all about respect and trust. This respect and trust MUST BE two sided, YOU must respect and trust your dog before you will get any respect or trust FROM your dog.
Dogs are not little robots that are programed to follow you around just because you are the one that bought her. Obviously, your maid has a genuine like and respect for your dog which you do not.
I agree with the previous poster...you need to grow up, stop whining and get off your butt and work to build a proper relationship with your dog.