How can I keep my dog entertained???

What are some fun activities and games I can play with my really active dog??? Also activities he can do him self...He's just so active I would just love to play games with him, To get him just a little bit calmer!!! Thanks so much!!! Fred's foster owner!!!

Asked by Member 765056 on Jun 14th 2009 in Answers

Best Answer

Katie

Hi Fred!

I love the other answers, but thought I'd chime in with a link to my trainer's website, which has articles on how to keep your dog busy, as well as step-by-step instructions on teaching different commands and tricks.

www.k9techsupport.com

Sounds like you have a great foster there - have fun, and learn lots!

Katie answered on Jun 14th.

Answers

The Pawsee

Throwing a tennis ball. Teaching beginning agility at home. For activites to do by himself how about a rope ball, squeeky fabric toys, plastic toys, such as Kong they are built to last.

The Pawsee answered on 6/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maxwell

Max adores his lunge whip above all else. I bought a horse whip and put an old sock on it for a lure. Great fun chasing, catching and tugging. There are commercial versions now, just a sturdy cat fishing toy is what it is.

Teach sitdownstandstaycomeheel and combine with fetch and all the other games you come up with.

House recall is a total blast. Everybody in the house goes to a different room with some cookies and takes turns calling the dog to them.

Do clicker training. Max's brain literally overheats when he tries to figure out what I am looking for.

For calmness teach doggy zen. Treat in hand, close fist and offer to dog. Dog attacks to get cookie but fist remains closed. Dog stops trying to eat fingers -COOKIE! To get what you want you let it go. Very cool.

Maxwell answered on 6/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer