Caspian

How can I help my dog with his dry skin?

I have a 11 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. It it shedding season and he has been shedding a lot more than I thought he would. I have noticed that he is scratching a lot and his skin is very flaky. I have been brushing him everyday and I give him oatmeal baths but it doesn't help much. I feel really bad that he has to go though this. What can I do to moisturize his skin?

Asked by Caspian on Apr 23rd 2013 Tagged skin, flaky, dry in Skin Problems

Answers

Sandy

Food allergies often present as skin problems. Chicken and grain are common allergies for dogs. It could also be seasonal. Contact ur vet about allergy tests or if u can give Benadryl and how much can give.

Sandy answered on 4/23/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Switch his food. Acana is a great food to feed, learn more about feeding Acana at www.acana.com

Acana has a selection of grain free dog foods. Acana is one of the best dog foods that you can feed a dog. There's many different formulas of Acana to choose from which makes it easy to choose the perfect one to feed to your dog.

Try giving him apple cider vinegar for his dry skin too.