how can i get rid of worms in my dogs poop they are white???

he is only 4 months old and is a black lab he hasnt had them for long but i dont have a lot of money to go to the vet is there any other choice??

Asked by Member 995350 on Jul 2nd 2010 in Worms & Parasites

Answers

Sorry, in order to correctly identify the worms and get the proper treatment the vet will need to see a sample ofr the dog's poo and diagnose from that. Over the counter wormers are not a good idea since they are normally specific for a particular worm only, and unless a stool sample is done by your vet you will have no idea what kind or kinds of worms your puppy has. It is most likely he also will need his puppy shots, so you can bring the sample in then and save an extra office call. It IS expensive to have a dog, but it is more expensive if the routine things like worming and vaccinations are not done and the dog gets sick... that can run into hundreds of dollars to fix. Worming and vaccinations are pretty cheap compared to that.

Sprite

Your dog needs to visit a vet to have tests done. I'm sorry, but owning a dog is expensive and these types of things are necessary for proper dog ownership.

Sprite answered on 7/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

A poop test at the vets is like $12.00 then the med might be like 12.00 too.
So I would go that route, it is best to have the right meds for the right worms.
And then there is preventatives for Heart Worms those will be deadly if your dog gets them.

Apollo

Unfortunately your puppy needs to see a vet to make sure he is getting the proper treatment. There are many kinds of worms dogs can get and a test needs to be done at a vet.

Believe it or not a test at the vet is really not that much, runs from 10.00 - 20.00 from what I have seen. If you don't have the money for the pup's health then you might want to consider rehomeing him. He is going to need shots, worming, flee treatments,emergancy care and so on for the rest of his life. I really dont want to be mean or anything, just saying that dogs can get rather expensive. I would know, my pup just had a 350 vet bill come up, fortunitly I have money put away for emergancies like that.

Maybe you should start a fund like that? I put whatever I can into it every pay check, even if its only $5 it will add up :) good luck!

Apollo answered on 7/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer