How can i get my dogs paw prints down on paper, in the safest way ?

The reason i ask is because I'm going to get my dogs paw prints tattooed on my body and I'm not sure how to go about getting her prints .

Safe as in no ink or things like that . Someone suggested photocoying her paws, and i think it's a good idea. But i would like some more suggestions just incase it doesn't turn out so good .

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Asked by Member 608182 on Apr 10th 2008 in Pet Products

Best Answer

Scout

I have my two dogs paw prints tatooed on me. What I did was have them walk through some mud. Not real muddy, more like wet dirt. Then they walked on some tea towels (they refused to walk on paper - guess we trained them too well!!). The regular towels, like hand towels won't do as well because of the loops in the material. The smoother the material the better. The tatoo artist then photocopied the prints and then did the whole tatoo thing.

I also took photos of their paws - which was a chore in itself. They just did not want to sit still for that. Keep on trying until you get a good print. When mine are visible, I get tons of comments on them. The tatoo artist who did mine said he had another customer who had all her dogs prints tatooed up the side of one leg.

Scout answered on Apr 10th.

Answers

Layla

What about getting her paw wet and stepping on colored paper. Then you could trace around the imprint left before it dries.

Layla answered on 4/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Tucker

Hi there-

I have my dog's pawprint tattooed on my foot. I took a photograph of his footprint after he'd walked through the mud. It was scaled down, but it is his actual pawprint- and totally safe. If you'd like, check out Tucker's page to see the tattoo. :)

Tucker answered on 4/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

2 of the best ways are to take a photo close up of the dogs paw then take the photo with you and let the artist do the work,that is what they love to do they are artist.
the 2nd would be to put your dogs feet on a photo copier and do it that way. All 6 of my dogs tattoos were done those ways.
Have fun with it!
Some day I will get my tattoo picture of my dogs on one of the boys pages.

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on 4/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer