Daisy

How can I get my dog to stop barking when people pass by our apartment door? Our neighbors are starting to complain...

Asked by Daisy on Aug 14th 2010 in Barking

Answers

A Chi/Dachshund mix.....not bark....that may like asking the sun not to set tonight.

Snickers is my barker...I recently bought a sonic device called "Bark Off" at my CVS pharmacy. It worked well enough so I got a second one for the other front door of our house (big enough to not register a bark from the other area).

I don't hear a thing, but he hears a high pitched noise which is enough to distract him. Set on LOW, so it won't go off at every noise. Turn it off if you have company or it will beep constantly at peoples voices.

I turn it off when I'm home and instead go to the door and shoo my dogs away firmly to stop the barking.

Belle

i agree with the comment above mine. i did get one for my dog who ALWAYs barked. it did work, but my dog seemed to get used to it and she kept on barking. i live out in the country, so it only bothers my neighbor who i could care less about. but i would recomend that colar. (they got different kinds) just because it didn't work on my dog. i know it does work for a fact. or when your home say no, and spray her with a water bottle in the face. its not as mean as people think it is. good luck.

Belle answered on 8/16/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer