How can I get my 2 adopted dogs to stop peeing inside?

After a year of having our dogs, they are still peeing inside. They go out first thing in the morning, after meals, in the afternoon and before bed. We praise them for peeing outside and they even know what "Go pee" means. I have caught them in the act indoors, said "No" and taken them out to finish. Still, every morning I wake up to a huge puddle of urine. (I spot clean with vinegar and mop the floor with odour remover) They get water with their meals (2x day) so I don't even know how they produce this much!
Crate training is not an option as both of these dogs are terrified of crates. We tried for months to introduce them slowly and positively, to no avail.
Please send me any advice you can, it is driving me crazy!!! They are great dogs but I can't figure this out. One is 2, the other is 9 months.
Thanks in advance

Asked by Member 1133484 on Sep 30th 2012 in House Soiling

Answers

First, my dogs go out to potty at least 5-7 times a day.
Second, I would get really yummy treats that they both would die for. I would only use them for crate training only. You can throw the treats in the crate with the door open. Leave the door open. Once they're comfortable going in the crate for the treats, you can start feeding them in crate with the door open. Don't let them think they will be trapped in there. You can play games by throwing their favorite toys in there for them to retrieve with the door open. The idea is to make them see the crate as a positive thing. Once there comfortable with it, you can shut the door for seconds at a time then for a few minutes at a time and extend the time. This will not happen over night and it will take a lot of patience. Good Luck with your pups!