How big will my pitbull mix be when full grown.

I was just wondering because Chili was a rescue and her mother is a 33 pound pitbull, but she is almost 4 months and already weighs between 25-28 pounds. Her paws and gait are definitely that of a bigger dog, I know that means nothing. We are guessing her father was Chocolate lab. She is not very tall maybe just to my knee if sitting up, but definitely shorter when standing on all fours. She has the pitbull shorter legs, and longer body. Can you please let me know how big you think Chili might get??? Thank you

Asked by Member 630373 on May 7th 2008 Tagged howbigwillmypuppyget in Health & Safety

Answers

She may get into the hundreds. They aren't finished growing completely until the age of two years.
Bless you for adopting her, however things turn out.

Cash TT

If Chili's Dad was a Lab, then Chili will wind up being LARGER than the average APBT- as Labs can get anywhere from 50 lbs to over 100 lbs. So he could be expected to be anywhere between 40 and 100 lbs- its such a Crapshoot with BYB bullys, since there's such a huge variation between "breed standard" and what BYB's are breeding for.

Cash was the same weight at that age- at Spaying (6 mo) he weighed 45, and at 1 year he was topping the scales at 80. We imagine that he's probably close to 100 lbs now.

Cash TT answered on 5/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

The hard thing is that your dog is a mix so she could go either way smaller or larger.But I'm thinking that she will be around 45ish punds.Keep in mind that Pit Bulls normally don't get their full muscle structure until they are close to 2 years old.Labs mature much earlier then that.So it's hard to say.

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on 5/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer