how big will a rat terrier get?

how many pounds? how long? how tall?

Asked by Member 810469 on Mar 2nd 2009 in Breeds

Answers

Bandit

Here is a website, they have three differnent sizes of Rat Terriers.
www.dogbreedinfo.com
This is for the Standard Rat Terrier and the other two are smaller.
Height:14-13in
Weight:12-35lbs

Bandit answered on 3/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Gizmo

There are quite a few clubs/registries for RT’s, and each promotes a different standard of appearance, size, and temperament.

Most RT’s fall between 10 and 20 pounds, but can be considerably smaller (toys) or larger (Deckers.) As for how long and tall it depends on if you have a ‘Type A’ or a ‘Type B’ (AKA Teddy Roosevelt Terrier.) The NRTA (www.nrta.com) standards encompass the most varieties/types and includes photos so you may want to take a look.

If your dog came from a breeder they should be well versed in their particular variety/type and lines and be able to give you an estimate of your dogs’ adult size.

Gizmo answered on 3/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sparkey

Ha... I found a question I can talk about! Well, I'v had a RT that came up to 22 lbs and a 16 lbser I would have to c the dog

Sparkey answered on 3/4/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer