Nova

How big do you think my puppy Nova will get?

She is four months old now and almost 30 lbs. She's an american bulldog bullmastiff mix.

Asked by Nova on Dec 1st 2010 Tagged bulldogwieght in American Bulldog

Answers

That could vary. The various other bull dogs are smaller than the Bullmastiff. Her adult size will reflect which parent she takes after. My guess is that her growth will be leveling off now. That is more likely if you have her on a puppy chow, which promotes faster growth than a large breed puppy chow or all life stages.

The larger the breed, the longer they grow.

Check the ends of the leg bones. If they are still much knobbier than an adult's, the growth plates are still open and it is still growing. If not, do not expect much more growth.

You may find this link interesting, jn.nutrition.org

I have a 4 month old Lab that is about 50 pounds, and I will be surprised if she exceeds 50 pounds. I have recently switched her from Pro Plan puppy chow to the adult formula which is an all life stages food.

Something for everybody. When we bought our last bag of adult, I noticed next to it was a bag labeled ALS. The Adult was on sale.

Ginger-  M.I.A.

A general rule of thumb I've heard is to double the dog's weight at four months to get the adult weight. Five months for giant breeds, like Saint Bernards.

So if she is 30 lbs now, she will probably end up around 60. That sounds about right for a female Am. Bully.

Ginger- M.I.A. answered on 12/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer