How big do Rottweiler/German Shepherd mix get?

My dogs name is Buddah and he is more rottweiler than german shepherd.How big will he get?

Asked by Member 876647 on Sep 14th 2009 in Rottweiler

Answers

It would be my guess to be around 80 pounds. The height would be about the same as a normal Rottweiller. Just maybe a bit leaner.

Winston

Well Winston all German Shepherd (not a King shepherd either) and is 6 months and already 78 LBS, so you could very well have a pretty big dog since mine will be over 100 LBS fully grown?
Hope you like big dogs:)

Winston answered on 9/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

According to the Rottweiler standard, ideally they get about 22 to 27 inches tall.
www.akc.org

According to the GSD standard, they ideally range from 22 inches to 26 inches.
www.akc.org
Either breed can grow to be bigger or smaller, however.

As I recall, a proper German Shepherd, the way the breed's founder von Stephanitz intended, should ideally weigh around 70 lbs. Many "breeders" today claim that German Shepherds were big, heavy, bulky dogs originally, but a look at pictures from the 1800's shows this claim to be false.
Many GSDs today, however, can weigh into the hundreds. My fully-grown female GSD is approx. 75 lbs and 26" at the withers.

Thunder

Every dog is different but I would guess Buddah will be close to 100lbs. Thunder is a Rott/Husky and he is only 15mo old and close to 100lbs already. My aunt has a GSD who is 9 mo old and she is about 70 lbs.

Thunder answered on 6/1/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My dog is only 3 yrs old and is already over 120 lbs and is still growing hes huge..