Hole in my puppy's lip

Hi

I have a five-month-old Staffy cross, we're not sure what with but it could be German Shepherd, Lab, or Rhodesian Ridgeback.

I just brushed his teeth and noticed a small puncture wound on his lower gum caused by the corresponding upper canine (it's an adult tooth). It doesn't look inflamed but it is a much lighter pink than the rest of the lip and about 0.5ml deep. Should I be worried? My vet doesn't open until Tuesday because of the bank holiday.

I've had dogs before but never noticed anything like this....

Thanks for your help

Char xx

Asked by Member 1172111 on May 26th 2013 in Puppies

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

If it does not seem to be infected and it's not causing your puppy any pain or distress while eating, you should be able to wait for your vet to squeeze you in during the next business day. Massaging her gums with a finger toothbrush might give you an indication if it is bothering her or not. If anything changes, it is a good idea to know where your closest 24-hour emergency vet hospital is located, just in case. ^_^

Pineapple Smushface answered on 2/25/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer