Lily

Hi, i was wondering which toys would be all-right,when i leave my dog at home?

I wondering which toys i can leave my dog with???

Asked by Lily on Oct 21st 2009 in Toys

Answers

This tends to be a "know thy dog" situation. Is she an aggressive chewer? If not, you should be able to leave a Kong stuffed with goodies for her while you're gone. Just freeze it overnight first.

Just observe the way your dog chews certain toys and choose the toy that she doesn't chew and make unsafe. Ie if you give her a nylabone and she chews big chunks off don't give that to her. A small dog should be fairly safe since their teeth aren't that distructive.

The pet stores are full of toys that many dogs will quickly chew up into pieces they could choke on or cause intestinal blockages. If you are not there to watch, stick to sturdy stuff such as Nylabones and Kongs. Keep a close eye on chew toys and quickly discard anything that is coming apart in pieces. Rawhide is especially bad because it swells after being swallowed. I don't trust any of the consumable chews. The dogs just gnaw them down to a dangerous size too quickly. These problems are the worst with, but not limited to, large, aggressive chewers such as Labs.

Seth

Dogs can be just like kids, they like different toys. Just find what toys they like .

Seth answered on 10/22/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rayne

Skineeez
They don't pull apart and don't have stuffing to rip out

Rayne answered on 10/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer