JINNIE

HI.I WANT TO ADOPT A PUP.SHOULD I ADOPT A MIX OR A PURE BREED?

Hi.I really want to adopt a pup.I am a little confused-should I adopt a mixed breed or a pure breed?Please help me.Thanks for reading...

Asked by JINNIE on Jan 7th 2012 in Breeds

Answers

There are many dogs at the shelters who need homes. You could go there and a adopt one that's homeless. I have a mutt and 2 pure-breds. They all make good dogs. Good Luck!

Try to pick a dog whose energy level, grooming needs, etc you can handle. The people at the animal shelter or rescue should be able to tell you something about the dogs there. You may not find the right dog for you on the very first visit.
Do some reading up on different breeds to try to see what kind of dog will fit you best. Meet a few of the type of dogs you're interested in if you can and talk to owners of those breeds to get some idea of what they're like.

Kazba

Well if you have any interest in showing,then a pure breed dog would bethe thing. Otherwise, I would just look for a dog that you like,and matches your personality. If it is purebreed or mutt, as long as you like the puppy,who cares what it is. Best of luck to you and what ever you decide.

Kazba answered on 1/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Get a pure breed and a mixed breed,and if you can only get one,get a mix.