Hi. My male standard poodle, now 7 years old has started shaking and trembling all over for no apparent reason. He acts

Hi. My male standard poodle, now 7 years old has started shaking and trembling all over for no apparent reason. He acts like he has been spooked -- trying to crawl in my lap or hide behind me. He only does it 1-2 times a day. I called my vet and they said to try Benadryl--it did not work. He has ALWAYS been fragile emotionally but there is NO obvious reason for this behavior. Otherwise he is very healthy, eats & sleeps well. Any ideas?

Asked by Member 1183006 on Jul 29th 2013 Tagged dog, shaking, trembling in Health & Wellness

Answers

Try calming spray, blankets with your scents on them, calming treats, a snuggly toy, calming pheromone diffusers, calming drops in the water, chamomile aromatherapy, and a thundershirt. Between all of these options, you should be able to find something that helps your pup. ^_^