Hi my dog can't control when she pee's.

ok her appetite has not changed no fur loss she doesn't do anything different but she just pee's everywhere in the basement( which tends to be cool) and my mother thinks she has started peeing upstairs now.. we are trying to let her out every hour on the hour to stop it but it still happens.. we tell her no firm and she still does it... she is a chocolate labrodor retriever. so please help!!!!

Asked by Member 432325 on Jul 23rd 2008 in Behavior & Training

Answers

It's either a UTI or incontinence, but ONLY a vet check will tell you for sure. Bring a urine sample.
My dog has had two UTIs and recently got incontinence, so believe me, I know what I'm talking about.
If it's a UTI, there's medicine to cure that. If it's incontinence, there's medicine for that too and while it doesn't cure incontinence, it helps to reduce it.

Jumpin' Jack Flash Red

100% urinary tract infection (or UTI) Classic symptoms are peeing in a cool place (like on tile or even in the dry tub) It burns too pee so it wants to go someplace cold. Sorry, but you have to take it to the vet NOW! It can become very serious for its kidneys. Its very painful but the vet can relieve it immediatly with a shot. GO NOW!

Jumpin' Jack Flash Red answered on 7/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer