Brewtis

Hi I'm Brewtis and weigh 8.2 pounds and I'm 15 weeks old. I'm alittle skinny, how many pound should I be at 15 weeks?

Asked by Brewtis on Oct 9th 2008 Tagged allitleskinny in Boston Terrier

Answers

Princess

Just from looking at the picture of your dog, I suggest that you need to get him to gain about 2-3 pounds.
Hope this helps!
Princess, the lovable chihuahua

Princess answered on 10/9/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Darcy

I have a Boston, Darcy, she just turned 6 months. I got her when she was almost 11 weeks old and she was just about 3 lbs, by 15 weeks she was just around 5 pounds. Just trying to give you an idea of her weight. She was at the vet yesterday for her shots and she is only like 10 lbs and is 6 months. Darcy is very active, I'm sure he is also. I would check with your vet, they would let you know. I'm sure as long as he is gaining weight he is fine. Good luck with him...he's adorable.

Darcy answered on 10/9/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Unfortunately, you cannot say what a dog should weigh according to their age and breed. Like people, their body types are different, so even another Boston Terrier that is the same age and size as yours might way more or less - it all depends on what is healthy. If you can see your dogs ribs or any other bones, then you need to feed him more. How many times a day is he eating? You should be feeding him about three times a day since he is only 15 weeks old. If you are feeding him that often, increase the amount of food each meal. If you are only feeding him once or twice, increase to three times a day. This will definitely help him gain weight. You should be able to see a waist in your puppy, but you shouldn't be able to see any bones. He should seem like he gets fat after he eats, and this is okay because his body will quickly absorb the food since he is always growing at this age. Good luck with your new guy - he is too cute.

Maya

What a cutie! Boston Terriers can vary widely in size and weight. Case in point: Maya and I went to a Boston Terrier meetup and met two other pups the same age - Meara was half her size and Braveheart was twice her size.

The best measuring stick you have of growth is the parents, if you know them. Maya's dam was 16 lbs. and her sire was 20. She is 21 pounds at 11 months, which is probably her max.

Also, it might be helpful to keep a weekly/monthly chart of Brewtis's weight so you can see trends. As long as he's gaining steadily, he's doing just fine. :)

Best of luck!
Melissa & Maya

Maya answered on 6/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bella

i have a 13 week old boston female and at 12 weeks her weight was 7lbs 12 ozs. vets said she is a healthy weight so im pretty sure yours shpuld be fine also. probably wouldnt hurt to gain some more weight but all puppies are different when it comes to weight gain.

Bella answered on 9/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer