HI. I HAVE AN 8 MONTH OLD CHIHUAHUA AND SHE'S ON HER 52 DAY OF PREGNANCY. HOW MUCH MORE SHOULD I WAIT? IS IT DANGEROUS?

Asked by Member 1041475 on Jul 18th 2011 in Books & Entertainment

Answers

Lexie

Yes it is dangerous for a puppy to be haveing puppys. Dogs carry there puppys about 63 days. Have your vet on call she may not can have her puppys and have to have a c-section.

Lexie answered on 7/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Kitarah

You just got your 8 months old chihuahua pregnant and now your asking if it's dangerous, you should have ask this question 2 months ago before you made the decision to get her pregnant... your chihuahua is just a puppy, she's just almost 8yrs old in human life.... what you did is not dangerous it's very dangerous for both your puppy and her soon to be puppies!

Kitarah answered on 7/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I sure hope you've researched how to care for these puppies MUCH better than you have researched breeding an 8 month old baby and how long dogs are pregnant for!!!
You definitely need to have your veterinarian on call and expect to end up with a c-section which normally runs around $1500. C-sections are extremely common in adult, already mature Chihuahuas and the chances are much, much greater that your immature, not fully grown 8 month old baby will end up needing a c-section to save her life and the lives of her unborn babies.
And, yes, the above posters are correct...gestation in a dog lasts 63 days, not 52.

Molly

I am going to think the best and say the pregnancy was accidental. Do you know what kind of dog breed with her? You definitely need a vet and one that is willing to be on call. Everyone who posted here is right, you are likely to have a hard time with the birth.

Molly answered on 7/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Misty

As lexie said, dogs are pregnant for about 2 months or 62-63 days and chihuahuas often need c-section, so have your vet on speed dial, I would give u all this info on pregnant dog care, but if she's that far pregnant I doubt it would change much now, good luck with her and the pups, oh and was the daddy of the pups about her size? If he was bigger than her it could be dangerous

Misty answered on 8/10/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

SNEAKERS

I am really disgusted that you've allowed this to happen to such a young Dog !

SNEAKERS answered on 9/4/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer