Hi Everyone...Maybe some of you guys can help me out. I have wanted to groom dogs to open my own business on the side a

Hi Everyone...Maybe some of you guys can help me out. I have wanted to groom dogs to open my own business on the side as I have a spiritual biz now to supplement income. This is the thing I do have a career that is also you are out of work every year for about 6 months sometimes less sometimes more making over $100k in Finance. I hate it already but I also love it. I took a risk in 2010 and became a dog bather which was highly allergic to the chemicals like bleach but did not know at the time and had to quit due to asthma attacks but I was on my path to learning how to dog groom. Was always my fascination due to I am very artistic and love styling dogs. Nothing more or nothing less and with that knowledge in the future I do want to open a Pet boarding/Grooming with a pet store. I do not want to leave my career now but I am layed off. Soon I will find work making a good sum amount but I need to go back so I can save for the future. I know this is way too confusing but maybe som

Asked by Member 984237 on Aug 26th 2013 in Professional Grooming

Answers

And, your question is????

Not seeing a question here. BUT a good groomer is worth their weight in gold. I would never trust my dog to someone with no education, mentoring, or experience.
Same with boarding.
This sounds like a hokey old carol burnett skit... "hey! I've got a barn..let's put on a show!"
Do lots of research & find a great mentor. You are a few years away from being ready to set up shop
Bon chance, monsieur