Charlie

Hi all Charlie and I live in Mexico right now, he was adopted from the streets here, the food options are terriable here

fresh food options here are few and far between, Charlie has a tendency to loose weight easily, so it has to be highly nutrious, he is also a cripple so it's important in addation to the supplement I give him, that he also has food that will help him put on weight.

Asked by Charlie on Apr 13th 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Becca

As I recall from your other post, Charlie is about 50 lbs. I'd get online and order 2-3 large (25 lbs or larger) of a premium Dog food and have them shipped in to you. Most all food like that is good for at least 6 moths, so you could order a couple times a year. Don't forget that our guys can eat Veggies too.

Becca answered on 4/14/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I recall from my time living there that the post system is notoriously unreliable in Mexico. While you're waiting, you might consider cooking for him. I remember produce being reasonably priced, though it's been about 7 yrs so that may have changed. My dog likes peas, sweet potato, and mashed zucchini, so probably a choyote would be good, too. You can cook some ground beef or another meat or seafood of your choice, and throw in a small amount of rice if your dog will tolerate grains. No onions, garlic, salt or other seasonings, though. If you make a batch and freeze some, you have less worry about preparation time. There's a whole forum for non-kibble feeding alternatives, so it might be good to post there. Also, the trouble with keeping weight on could be another, underlying medical condition, so it would be good to have him checked out. I'd take a stool and urine sample with me, too. Charlie's lucky to have you!