HELP PLEASE!!! my puppy is 17 days old, cross breed, very healthy. i have some doubts please clarify them.

i feed him only milk little cerilac with milk sometimes. but no water at all. should i give him water? he stinks a little. there is always a bad smell coming from his mouth. and how will i know if he is thirsty or hungry? he pees very less or rarely he has not started pooping yet. iam very scared about his poop pls tell me abt his poop.what about bath? should i take him for a bath? or wait till he turns 1 month old? and please give me tips and suggestions to take care of him, clean him, and also to train him. please tell me each and everything about a puppy care.thank you.

Asked by Member 1140882 on Nov 16th 2012 Tagged food, water, bath, cleanliness, care in Puppies

Answers

This puppy is way, way too young to be away from his mother. He needs special formula, NOT cows milk, and he needs to be fed every two hours round the clock. Without this special diet he will develop bone and joint problems, IF he survives at all!!!
IF he has a bad smell it is most likely he has some sort of infection and should visit a vet immediately!
Puppies this age cannot pee/poop on their own...they need to be gently rubbed on their parts to stimulate bowel movements and urination.
He is MUCH too young for a bath...wait until he is at least 6 to 8 weeks old.

Tiara

I gree with the bath being out of the question. If the puppy is that young, I would guess that something happened to the mother. I would go to petsmart or petco and get some milk made for puppies. They have it in a mix and premixed. I do wish you the best because you have a long road ahead of you to get this dog going. Feel free to send me a pawmail to let me know how the puppy is doing.

Tiara answered on 11/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the other posters. Please get him to a vet. All pups should have a check up immediately. I would also like to know what happened to the mother. Good Luck!

Leo

Your puppy is absolutely too young to be away from its mother. Sometimes life circumstances necessitate that a puppy be hand raised (for instance, if the mother dies), but except in extreme cases all puppies under at the very least 8 weeks old MUST be with their mother.

Your pup is at serious risk for physical and mental problems, and even quite likely to die. The mother would naturally know what to do... you clearly do not.

You need to take your puppy to a vet IMMEDIATELY, and I mean, like first thing tomorrow. You clearly aren't knowledgeable enough to rear this pup by yourself, and a vet can asses the health of the pup and advise you how to care for it. You can't get this info online or by "guessing", you *absolutely* need to see a vet TOMORROW. In a pup that age, not getting the proper care and diet, it can literally just die while taking a nap.

You need professional advice ASAP if you want this pup to live, period. Take your puppy to a vet if you care about it at all.

Leo answered on 11/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I think you should feed him water as well. Try to do some research about cross breeds! Maybe that will help you... When he is in this stage, im guessing it is best to begin some training with him :D And also start to think about setting some boundaries for your puppy!!! Also, as he gets older, you should be more responsible! - one extra tip: AS HE GETS OLDER (3 to 4- months train him to sit or lay down! ) HAVE FUN :)