Help! My 5-yr-old neutered M hound mix is good w/ most dogs & people but is aggressive w/me on stairs & at random times.

Asked by Member 213752 on Dec 13th 2012 in Aggression

Answers

I would consult a behaviorist before he really hurts you. Good Luck!

Bailey

Aggressive with you on stairs how? Is this a dominance issue? If I were you, I would have a pocket full of treats and before he started getting aggressive I would show him the treats to distract him from being angry, then have him sit and reward him. Doing this consistently will make him start to expect something good from you when on the stairs and you'll see he will eventually sit and wait for you to treat him every time.

If this is a dominance issue I would google some tips on how to remain alpha in your house with an aggressive dog.
Some quick tips are: Make your dog sit before you feed him. Never let your dog sleep on your bed or couch (comfy/higher up spots are reserved for the alpha), never let him walk through doorways first, and never lay on the floor with him. Google will explain much more in depth on these behaviors but there is a 1000 character limit so I can't properly explain it here.

Bailey answered on 12/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer