Panelope

help!! i still have fleas

my cats and i got fleas a few months ago and we have all had many flea baths and the house got bombed twice. we thought they were all gone, but this morning my mom found one on my face. there is snow on the ground so they didn't come from outside. What else can we do????

Asked by Panelope on Dec 25th 2007 in Flea & Tick Prevention

Best Answer

A recent study showed that plain old flea combs and vaccuuming did better at elminating fleas from the home and pets than flea baths or chemical agents.

Basically, you have to make flea combing part of your daily routine. Keep a small, plastic flea comb on hand (they are really cheap, so you might even get one for each room you're often in around the house.) Do a good, thorough flea comb in the morning and before bedtime and ANYTIME you see the dog suddenly start scratching or biting or if he stops what he's doing to lick or bite an area, then pounce on him with that comb.

Pretty soon, if you also hoover up the house like crazy and wash the dog's bedding, your problem will be all but eliminated.

It only takes two fleas to produce hundreds within just a couple of weeks, so be extra vigilant and you'll have success.

Jack answered on Dec 25th.

Answers

JUSTUS~OUR BEST FRIEND '03-'12

Ask your vet or go to a good grooming shop. My grooming shop carries Adam's carpet powder - I have heard people swear it works....you still have to make an effort to follow the directions. You may have to treat your carpet more than once.

JUSTUS~OUR BEST FRIEND '03-'12 answered on 12/26/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

~Sophie~

I have heard that sprinkling Borax on your carpet works.

Also you don't say if you are using preventative, but if not, get some Frontline Plus for all of your animals.

~Sophie~ answered on 12/26/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer