Doc Lee Ruiz

Hello. I just noticed my dog has worms (yuk) well what I seen in poop was sesame seed things. can i give him wormwood??

Asked by Doc Lee Ruiz on Oct 8th 2012 in The Dogster Website

Answers

Sarge

I wouldn't recommend using wormwood. It can be dangerous. I would recommend taking him to a vet to get dewormed. It's not that expensive and covers a larger range of different types of worms then the over the counter ones and definitely safer then wormwood. Make sure you clean up the poop right away after he goes because if he eats it he will get reinfected again. I would recommend putting him on a good heartworm medicine as a preventative as well because some of the also prevents hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms as well as heartworms. I always worm any dogs or puppies after I get them even when breeders have already dewormed them. I'd rather be on the safe side.

Sarge answered on 10/8/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Take him to a vet and get him dewormed. I will not suggest you to use wormwood. Its not very safe.

Colt

As a prior vet nurse those are tape worms cause from the indigestion of a single flea. I would go to the vet and get dewormer but your puppy will be fine

Colt answered on 10/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer