Duchess 7/21/03-1/14/12 Love U

Health Care Reform and Pets: Will the pre-existing clause no longer apply to pets as well?

I hope this doesn't seem like a dumb question, but I was wondering if anyone would know that due to the Health Care Reform, will the pre-existing clause no longer apply to pets as well as humans? I believe for humans it wouldn't apply to dependents under age 19. Perhaps there would be an age limit for pets as well? I'm asking because I was wondering if if it would be worth it to get pet insurance being that Duchess already has a brain tumor and allergies. I never thought about getting it before she was diagnosed with either of these things.

Asked by Duchess 7/21/03-1/14/12 Love U on Aug 20th 2010 Tagged healthcarereformandpetspreexistingclause in Other Laws & Legislation

Answers

I do not think the health care reforms have anything to do with dogs. As far as getting insurance for your dog. Make sure you read all the fine print in the policy. I have not heard alot of good things about pet insurance as far as them paying bills and dropping customers if there is a problem or if the dog is older then 7. i wish you all the best and hope you find something to help your dog.

Unfortunately the new health care laws do not apply to pet insurance, so the pre-existing exclusions would apply.

However, you would have access to "Discount Only" plans, whereby your veterinarian would participate in the insurance company's veterinarian network and thereby offer you a discounted rate (up to 50% off the normal billed rate).

For more information, see this Pet Insurance Reviews page: www.organic

I hope that helps!

Jeff