He is a Labrador and he is 8 years old. He stopped eating his regular food i.e, rice or ragi(finger millet) 7 days ago.

Hello. I am Suraj from India and I am really worried about my dogs condition. So I decided I could take your opinion on my dogs condition. He is a Labrador and he is 8 years old. He stopped eating his regular food i.e, rice or ragi(finger millet) 7 days ago. So when the vet was called for the first time, he said an appetizer would help. It didnt and the he started vomiting bile 3 days ago. Today we took him tom the hospital to give him an IV fluid(Lactose and Compound Sodium Lactate). He is active while going for a walk or when he sees another dog but rest of the day, he is dull. He is stil throwing out if he eats anything like pedigree and I am really worried.please reply as soon as possible...
Thanks in advance

Asked by Member 1140460 on Nov 18th 2012 in Illness & Disease

Answers

Mika

your dog is throwing up bile because there is nothing else in his stomach to throw up except the acids......if your vet is not doing anything to help this dog you should find another vet.....and fast, you could very well have a serious problem here...im not a vet and dont know why your dog is not eating, i suggest finding a different vet, or maybe an emergency vet in your area A.S.A.P.

Mika answered on 11/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Jasmine

I agree he needs another vet. It could be many things including a blockage or bloat. Thei IV helped with dehydration which is also a serious concern, if he can't keep anything down. Be aware that in some rice products they are finding there can be traces of arsnic. May be a factor may not. Go to the vet again if it continues. Sometimes fasting for a day will help, but since the cause is unknown I wouldn't take a chance.

Jasmine answered on 11/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer