spud

have a 2yr jack russell with all the pollen & allergies this time yr his eyes get red & runny & hes slugish.can i give

him benadryl or some over the counter help for this??

Asked by spud on Mar 21st 2012 in Allergies

Answers

You can give him benadryl. But I don't know how much you can a small dog. My dogs are large. You should call your vet and ask how much. Good Luck!

HAYLEE

I give my chihuahuas half teaspoon or half a pink pill for allergies and they weight 6-8pounds. Vet has told me that I can give up to 1 teaspoon every 12 hours

HAYLEE answered on 3/21/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Petri

You can, just call your vet to verify the dosage. In addition, if you want a great product to wipe out his eyes, I love PETfection Eye Wash & Cleaner. It is 100% Organic and very soothing. It will help with the redness and itchiness, and you can use it as often as needed. I hope this helps!

Petri answered on 3/27/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ludo

I was giving my Jack a half a benydrill pill but we since changed over to one normal dose of zyrtec and half a muscinex. His belly gets red when his allergies get bad and he gets congested. You should still ok it with a vet but this is what two seperate vets have suggested for us.

Ludo answered on 7/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer