Nico

Had Nico to the vet today, his weight is 26lbs and he's 17wks old, vet said he's a bit lean.

Now I'm worried he's too skinny. And also he' always has the runs or soft stools. He's on bakers puppy food but should I try something else?

Asked by Nico on Aug 2nd 2013 Tagged husky, weight, food, skinny in Siberian Husky

Answers

I am not sure what Baker's is, but his poop sounds funky. I would try Natural Choice lamb and Rice puppy formula dry food in the green bag. It is natural with no corn, wheat or soy, made in the US (Tennessee), guarantees skin and coat and if your dog won't eat it you can bring it back to the store in the bag for another Nutro pup food or your $ back! Start by mixing the lamb in slowly with what he is currently eating... within a week he should be completely on the lamb and his poo should firm up within two weeks of being on the Natural Choice. If not, his puppy shots might be affecting him after treatments (I've heard this happen before) so speak to your vet about that after the diet change if you see no improvement at all. Cheers ^_^

Baker's isn't a good food at all. I would switch to Orijen or Acana, both are two of the best foods that you can feed.