Gag Cough. i have a new puppy that is 5 months old and has this gag cough that last a quick second. Could be when drink

My new puppy at 5 months old does this quick gag cough. The vet told me it is definately collapse trachea because when she pressed on his neck he did it. My question is if he is showing mild signs at 5 months can he still live a long life. Has anyone had a puppy diagnosed with it and it lived long. Thanks

Asked by Member 1037513 on Aug 13th 2014 Tagged collapsetrachea in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I don't have any experience with it. Maybe someone else does. What did your vet say about it?

Willow

Could be kennel cough as my dog did that a few months ago and it was painful for her as she did not want to be touched in her throat area. The vet gave her an antibiotic for two weeks and after another week she was fine. It seems that the daycare I take her to once a week had a run on kennel cough which they did not mention to us. Have another vet check it out.

Willow answered on 8/19/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sounds like Kennel Cough. See a different vet.