Close X

Food for very old dog. Please help

I have a 19 year old Poodle and I'm having a difficult time finding the right food for him. I notice he lost a bit of weigh. Any suggestion of what food to buy for a 19 year old dog.

thank you nick

Asked by Member 1148596 on Jan 6th 2013 Tagged food in Food & Nutrition

I would just keep him on whatever he likes best for now. Maybe the food and nutrition forum can help?

Roger Biduk

Very nice, 19 yrs.old. A balanced, raw meat diet is best by far.
If feeding commercial food, make sure it's grain-free and low starch. Wet food is superior to kibble in almost every way.
Last is kibble, grain-free. Most are loaded with starch and that's not good. Orijen is a good food with up to eleven meat/fish ingredients. Good luck, Roger Biduk

Roger Biduk answered on 1/8/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Feed a grain free dog food.

Fromm is a great food to feed, learn more about Fromm at

Most of the Fromm foods are grain free which is a plus for any dog.

Fromm is one of the best dog foods that you can feed to your dog. There's many different formulas to choose from which makes it easy to choose the perfect one to feed to your dog.