Food for dalmatian

okay, so I have a Dalmatian that is a year and a half old. Currently we have him on purina puppy chow natural balance. however, I know Dalmatians have a high risk for crystals in their bladder especially in males. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I can put my little guy on. All suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Asked by Member 1178061 on Jul 2nd 2013 Tagged food in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Feed your dog a grain free dog food, it's the best to feed. Feed Merrick, it's one of the best dog foods that you can feed.

www.merrickpetcare.com

Ask your breeder (if the dog was not a rescue) if stones are in his lineage. If so, you might want to supplement his diet with urinary wet food from the vet. Make sure that he drinks tons of water by adding another water dish with a large reservoir (we like K&H). Their white skin is also sensitive, so a good food would be Nutro Sensitive Skin and Stomach in venison (deer) or fish (dog sushi). It's in a light purple bag and is 100% guaranteed or $$ back. Grain allergies in dogs equate to the same percent in humans (1% have celiac disease).