CREEPSHOW

Fish oil for dogs. Which is best?

I'm looking to start giving my dog fish oil for her coat yet I'm not sure what brand or really how to give it to her. At petsmart I saw salmon oil for dogs that was liquid form which looked simple..however, it was very expensive. Is it ok to buy fish oil from walgreens and if so would I purchase softgels and then cut them open and put them on her food or do I need to get her to swallow a pill every day?

Asked by CREEPSHOW on Sep 30th 2009 in Vitamin Supplements

Answers

Salmon oil brands - Yummy chummies or Grizzley are the best brands. ( liquid bottles )
I would look at the back of the bottle for amounts to give. Mix into some dry or wet dog food...
Marie of ask the pet Nurse
www.allexperts.com

Jet

I recommend Doctors Foster and Smith.

www.drsfosterandsmith.com

Jet answered on 9/30/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I know people who stick a pin in human fish oil capsules and squirt it on their dogs food (no swallowing of the pill is needed) but first you need to know the proper doasge to give your dog, so a vet visit is in order. The vet will weigh her and let you know how much you should give her. If your vet already knows her weight a quick phone call may give you the answer,
Have a good one.