Waffles

Dosage per dog's weight of milk thistle and hawthorn listed here: http://www.dogster.com/dog-health-care/herbs-for-dogs

Regarding the Dogster article at the link above: Has anyone been able to attain the dosages per dog's weight of any of the herbs that are to be taken internally? (versus topically). I have a 14-pound dog I want to give Milk Thistle and Hawthorn to. My vet doesn't know. Thanks!

Asked by Waffles on Aug 12th 2011 Tagged herbalremedies, milkthistle, hawthorncrataegus in Medications

Answers

I'm searching for the same info. My girls have been on both for quite some time although by 13lb just had fluid on her lungs this weekend and was given enalipril. I know Hawthorn is also an ACE inhibitor and my vet doesn't know how they will interact, so I am leary.

Until now the mg of Hawthorne I had gotten was 565MG. The 12lb girl gets 1/4 2x a day and the 45lb girl gets 3/4 2x a day. Same on the Milk Thistle although I believe it's 200MG if i'm not mistaken. Only done based on my research. I urge you to keep looking for corroboration.

Petri

You can search for a holistic vet in your state and ask them over the phone for general dosage per weight. They should be able to tell you without having to take the dog in to see them.

Petri answered on 8/18/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer