Pasha

Dont know how to move with my puppy to UK...

I am thinking of moving to the Britian. We would like to take are dog but unfortunately I don't understand how. I will only need to take my dog once and then leave her with relatives till the rest of the moving gets done. She is right now 9 months old, 45lbs, and we do not know what breed she is... we have all the rabies certificate and vet papers and she is up to date on shots. I also have no idea about the steps and quarantines you have to go threw.

Asked by Pasha on Apr 15th 2010 Tagged moving, traveling in Air Travel

Answers

Lexie

You will be flying right? If so you just have to call and book your dog a ticket when you get yours. Your dog will have to have creat to fly in and you will need all your dogs vet records to show to them the day of the flight.

Lexie answered on 4/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Try calling the airlines, maybe the British Embassy. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Crate
health certificate
all vaccinations
two dishes attached to front of crate
plane ticket
newspapers in the crate
Go to a main airport like a regional airport- Chicago- NY - it has to be a major airport
Then you ask about animal transport some times you go to the International terminal.
International is the place that us customs have to approve your paperwork.
Then make a list or request a list of requirements.
It is sometimes a headache but that is the way to travel internationally.
expect some delays on getting the dog once you get there.
Unloading the cargo and going through customs again. They require all animals go through quarantine-xx amount of days, they'll give you the paper work to follow. Good idea is to take picture of dog and have paperwork on you
good luck.

This blog is dedicated to pet relocation issues around the world. Take their advice, but check it out with the Embassy first. There are different quarantine rules and they keep changing them so you'll want to make absolutely, perfectly sure that you have all the required vaccine proof and paperwork before leaving and sometimes it can take a few months to get all that paperwork processed, especially if you are moving to an area that requires blood tests or titer tests.

petrelocation.blogspot.com