Charlie

Dog Won't Eat Out of His Dish...

Charlie is about 8 months old now. He has always been a reasonably good eater until just recently. Maybe the past month or so he hasn't been eating as much as usual. Just this week it got to the point where he was throwing up stomach acid several times a day since there was nothing in his stomach (I took him to the vet and they told me this is why he was throwing up). So, he was on the chicken and rice diet for a few days, and the sickness has passed, but he still won't eat from his dish. I decided to dump it on the floor, and VOILA...he ate it.

Does anyone know why he might have a problem eating from his dish? It's the same dish I have always used, and it's in the same place. The food is also the same...Science Diet Puppy Large Breed.

How can I make him eat from his dish? Or should I just keep pouring his food on the floor?

Asked by Charlie on Oct 13th 2008 Tagged vomit, throw, up, throwup, sick, acid, stomach, eating, eat, food, dish, bowl, refuse in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Ruffle-Mae

Try feeding him with another dish...thinking maybe cause he got sick from that dish he doesn't want to eat any more from it...maybe move it into a different spot...there's accociation to his sickness all being in that area?????

Ruffle-Mae answered on 10/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer