Dog restless, itchy, and wants to go outside all the time?

This isn't my dog, the owner is on vacation. She's a mutt, on the bigger size. Over 99 ILBS. She's also about ten years old. She's been itching like crazy, and we figured it was fleas. She's gotten her meds, and I've been giving her flea baths. In the past hour, though, she's been restless. She also wants to go outside every time I go to the door (the door is in the kitchen). It's dark, so I don't know if she's actually going to the bathroom or not. She's been having normal bathroom that I've noticed.

Asked by Member 1174780 on Sep 2nd 2013 Tagged itching, restless in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

The fleas are in your house, she is trying to get away from them for some relief.

You are overpesticiding the dog and she is trying to escape. Flea shampoo has medicine that is double-dosing the dog with the topical flea medicine that you gave. PLEASE do not treat the dog for fleas anymore. After the owners get back they will have to take the dog out and treat all of the premises. Let her go outside and breathe some fresh air. If she becomes overly lethargic, it's from the ingestion of too many chemicals and you will need to take her to the vet. ^_^

Go to the store and buy Natural Chemistry De Flea Pet Shampoo, it's one of the best de flea pet shampoos you will ever buy and it kills fleas on contact. You can find it at your local pet store. Here's what it looks like - www.petco.com

Also, put a tsp of pure garlic powder in her food (just sprinkle it over and mix). Also, brush her with a flea brush.