Vivace

Dog Panties. Anyone know how I can make them

Vivace just came into season and to keep her from messing on the carpet and couch I have been using boys underpants with a pad. They are working okay but don't really fit that great. We keep having to pull them up all the time.

Does anyone know how I can make these. I can do basic sewing and really want to make them myself so I can choose the material. All the nice ones I have found online have silly bows and I don't like them.

We just got her and she came into season just days later. We may or may not breed her. It just depends on if she titles, passes health clearances and is 2 years old. If not she will be spayed. And we are not letting her out of our sight outside right now. She is on lead at all times.

Asked by Vivace on Mar 5th 2010 Tagged dogpanties in Apparel

Answers

Kayak

Leaving the breeding to professionals is a wise idea. Breeding a dog that you have no papers no health guarantee or history, is irresponsible.
I don't know how to make pantees for your dog. I do know that breeding is best left to the people who know what they are doing.
The pad and boys pantees should suffice for this heat. Think of all the tread and puppies you'll save if you have her spayed.

Kayak answered on 3/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♥ Babe ♥

i have no idea how to make dog pantees.
but i wanted to add- I LOVE YOUR NAME!

♥ Babe ♥ answered on 3/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Isy

Best way to make them is to give in and buy 1 pair. That way you have a pattern. Just copy it. After you try making a pair, you'll probably realize it's more work than it's worth and go back to buying them. I have seen a couple companies that sell covers for them. They remind me of the covers you can get for cloth baby diapers. They also sell them at dog shows in varieties I haven't seen online, so maybe hold out until her next cycle so you have more time to shop around.

Isy answered on 3/6/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Just want to make contact as my kennel name is Vivace. You can follow the coming along of Brooklands Beau of Vivace on Twitter @vivacegsp.
Have a look at Vivace Androclushere:
mysite.mweb.co.za
And more dog pix on my face book page
I live and shoot and trial in South Africa and am a 60 yo grampa, in case you (being a yanqui)think I may be a perv!
Cory Voigt
Oh yes, why breed your girl. Is she sopecial.
Also, don't allow her on furniture. Besides the mess, thsi sets up dominance/hierarchy problems