Dog neglect

Its been so long since I've been on here. I started this site when I got my dog as a puppy and now he's 5 1/2 years old. Time sure does fly by.

Okay, here's my question. Can I report people who neglect there dog? And would it be city animal
control that I would call of a rescue? I understand people can't always pay attention to a pet at all times but this dog has it bad. This Pit bull is still a puppy and it lives on a hot patio in Arizona where its always baking outside. There is dog droppings and flies everywhere, the dog is pretty thin and she/he barks and howls all day all night.

Any advise is appreciated

Thanks

Asked by Member 747865 on Aug 5th 2013 in Animal Control

Answers

That is terrible. I would call both/everyone that can help. That way you are assured the dog will get help. Sometimes the organizations are overwhelmed and can't get there in a timely manner. So, if you call both, one of them is sure to get there to help soon. Good for you for doing something. Some people don't care and turn a blind eye. :) Good Luck!

I would take pictures when you know the humans are not home, and then I would call the police. If you live in a hot climate and you think the dog's in imminent danger, that's how you get things done here. Where I live, there's one animal control officer. Not sure about your locale, but I'd call the local or county animal control/authority. Frankly, I would do it now.

xena CGC

i would contact animal control with the complaint. also look up the nearest pit rescue on dogster.they don't want pits suffering from a bad home.they might know the best way to handle the problem.

xena CGC answered on 8/6/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Kasey

We had a situation like that with our neighbor, twice. The first time they were keeping 2 pit bulls in a garage (we live in Florida, a metal garage can get hot pretty quickly) and our other neighbors moved and left their dogs behind. In both situations, we called the sheriff's office, who transferred us to animal control. The owners got fined for animal neglect and the dogs taken away. My husband put it this way: they may be put down if we report them, but at least it's better than dying of heat exhaustion or dehydration/starving. Hopefully he/she will be adopted to a better family.

Kasey answered on 8/6/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It's good that you care about this poor dog - if it's owners can't or won't look after it then yes, you need to call Animal Welfare, immediately(owners should surrender it) - it sounds like he's been suffering and for awhile too. Also, the poor dog may not even be able to be rehomed if it's a Pit Bull. I really don't like hearing these cases. Hope you have some luck with the dog being rescued.Perhaps there is an association called Pit Bull dog rescue.

Talk to the neighbors before you report. They might be from a foreign country where that is how animals are treated. If there is no improvement in a week, then call your city's animal regulation division and ask for a visit. You can also bring him water in the meantime to help him remain hydrated ^_^

Yes, you can. Contact your local animal control department and save the dog from suffering.